Google

Friday, April 24, 2009

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Really, Home is where the heart is! What happens when your heart is split between two places 5000 miles apart?

Here I am this morning sitting on the balcony looking at the sunrise reflecting off the white walls of Topkapi Palace thinking about a lot of things and soaking in the energy of the universe like most mornings. Only this morning for some reason I am completely split. I have three kids in the US whome I have not seen since November 27th of 2006. I miss looking into their eyes, touching their cheek or hugging them. I think of them every day, and how much they just don't understand why. I talk to them but it is not the same and it probably never will be.

I am also thinking about my fourth child growing in my wife, and what kind of life we will have to share. The love, the cheeks, the hugs. I love my wife, this place, and this life. I still miss them. Happiness and sadness shared by the same thought, pleasure and pain at the same idea by the same heart.

I do my duty, I support my kids in the states all I can. But it is impossible for me to do the little things I want to so much.

How do I share that? How do I share that with my wife and our child. Do they experience less of me because part of me is there pining for my children I cannot see anymore? Am I harming my fourth child, loving it less because I am sending some into the great unknown for it? Is an 8 week old fetus able to perceive the drain sending love 5000 miles is on me?

The home is where the heart is? İs it possible to have a broken and full heart at the same time?

Peace

LeePsycho

Donate